Our room. Doesn't it just make you giddy to see all those books and that comfy chair so accessible. It has been getting a lot of use in the mornings before the kids wake up....
Other things we've been up to.... We went up to Pine Valley one Saturday with LaRon and checked out a cool church, explored the cemetery and enjoyed the scenery. Josh especially loved having the head stones read to him which I found funny. Anna did not enjoy any part of the cemetery because the weeds... i mean landscaping was over her head. Josh also insisted on "hiking" I tried to convince him that walking around was hiking but it didn't sell, so up the mountain we went, without a trail... yes i got lost on a 10 minute hike, i don't want to talk about it.
Anna has been very opinionated about her clothes lately. She already tries to dress herself... Yikes!
Things I am loving:
Having family close by. It's so fun to have Adam stop by for lunch, have aunts and uncles come by just to say hi, be at my grandma's birthday party, have a sweet aunt hang out with us and introduce us to her friends, get free swimming lessons three times a week from my sister, see my parents so regularly and all of the help with babysitting, and broken down cars that having family close entails. My parents have been awesome with helping us anyway they can and still give us our space. My kids are loving them - almost too much, why stay at home when you can have Grams and Papa obey your every whim - it makes me feel like I have to play with them more to compete:) - we'll see if reality ever sets in:)
The blue blue sky
All the little kids running around
Having a laundry room
Having a real house set up
How friendly everyone is.
The pool - Josh went swimming 3 times yesterday, and Anna is brown!
Drive through banking
Story hour anyday of the week
The new Children's museum that is as good as the zimmer for $5!
Things I miss:
MY FRIENDS!! Josh misses his friends too. He used to get in the car, and say, " I miss Grams, or Grammy, or Papa, or one of his aunties or uncles." Now it's "I miss Ava, or Alex, or Beckett, or Caleb, or Julian" Something about driving in the car makes him ponder life....
Walking places.
The weather
The ocean.
Things I Forgot:
Having family has made the transition so much easier, but I forgot how long it takes to make and find good friends. I was kind of paranoid going in about getting too caught up in family and not having any friends, so I guess I'm kind of hyper aware of it. I felt like I had come a long way since when we moved to LA, more confident, more able to make conversation etc, but it is still hard....Now that we are mostly unpacked, the realization is hitting me harder. I have tried to stay positive and think not about myself, but what I can do to reach out and serve others, hopefully that will make me less me focused and happier as I go through this process... but I'm not super good at it yet. It's also made it interesting because Josh really needs friends now. However when meeting new people it's always a 50/50 of whether he'll say, "Hi my name's Josh I'm your new friend." Or hide and scowl, which can be kind of embarrassing. It has got me thinking a lot about friends, the purpose of friends, how to be a good friend, why are friends important in addition to family etc. So many deep thoughts:)
How hot it is here in August.
How long it takes to unpack!!
Things I miss:
MY FRIENDS!! Josh misses his friends too. He used to get in the car, and say, " I miss Grams, or Grammy, or Papa, or one of his aunties or uncles." Now it's "I miss Ava, or Alex, or Beckett, or Caleb, or Julian" Something about driving in the car makes him ponder life....
Walking places.
The weather
The ocean.
Things I Forgot:
Having family has made the transition so much easier, but I forgot how long it takes to make and find good friends. I was kind of paranoid going in about getting too caught up in family and not having any friends, so I guess I'm kind of hyper aware of it. I felt like I had come a long way since when we moved to LA, more confident, more able to make conversation etc, but it is still hard....Now that we are mostly unpacked, the realization is hitting me harder. I have tried to stay positive and think not about myself, but what I can do to reach out and serve others, hopefully that will make me less me focused and happier as I go through this process... but I'm not super good at it yet. It's also made it interesting because Josh really needs friends now. However when meeting new people it's always a 50/50 of whether he'll say, "Hi my name's Josh I'm your new friend." Or hide and scowl, which can be kind of embarrassing. It has got me thinking a lot about friends, the purpose of friends, how to be a good friend, why are friends important in addition to family etc. So many deep thoughts:)
How hot it is here in August.
How long it takes to unpack!!
5 comments:
Yay for pics of your new place-it was fun to see. loved your picture of the books and the yellow wildflowers--I actually took some similar ones and am trying to work on my own blog post--but got caught up in catching up with everyone else's.
Looks great-- can't wait to come see you guys and your new place! And it will only take four hours to get there--wahoo!
This post made me miss the states. And you guys. Wish we could have met up before we left. Your place looks great...very jealous of the pool and hot weather!
I love the photos of your new place!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun and settling in nicely. We miss you tons and hope to see you soon.
xo
the place looks great! I especially love the cozy corner with the chair and books. Call me a fellow nerd. making friends is hard...harder as I've gotten older for some reason. Don't know how to explain that, but I think I cherish close friends more now than I used to.
Post a Comment