Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Max

 In no particular order here are a plethora of pictures of our newest addition.
Born December 2, 2012
8lbs 9 oz
21 inches long
The first couple of weeks with a new born are exhausting, but so special.  I have a new sense of how time really flies with this one, now that Josh is five.  I am trying to love every moment:)  However, my two oldest, while loving Max, have been a little whiny with me since we came home, requiring lots of patience.  But, at least today, I feel like even the required extra patience is a blessing as it will eventually make me a better person.... that's the goal at least :)  And it helps that it's just been me and Max for 3 hours while the others are at church...






 The birth story:  I had been dilated for weeks.  Which was awful. I had never dilated early before so I was hoping that he would come early.  We waited and waited.  One Saturday I had very strong contractions for a couple of hours, but then... nothing.  The Tuesday before I had Max I went to the Doctor's and was at a 4 and 100% effaced.  He stripped my membranes, and I was sure I would be having a baby in the next 24 hours.  However, Justin was sick and Anna had her first dance recital the next day, so I decided I was OK if he didn't come.... and he didn't.  Not even a twinge.  I was scheduled to be induced that Friday (5 days early) if he hadn't made an appearance.  Thursday night I was so excited I couldn't sleep, and was in agony all morning on Friday as I waited for the hospital to call.  They finally did (and I'm pretty sure the nurse heard me yell, "Yes! we get to go right now!" before I hung up).  We dropped the kids off at my parents house and headed to the hospital.  When the nurse asked us our goals for the day (which I thought was a little weird, umm I would like this baby out of my body and in my arms...) Justin jokingly said he wanted this done in 2 hours or less.  She laughed, then checked me and said, "uhh we might be able to accomplish that."   I was dilated to a 7.  Which I really didn't think was possible if you weren't having consistent strong contractions.  I got an epidural - I was tempted to not since I was so close - but decided I was a wuss and not mentally prepared for that.  The doctor broke my water and about 15 minutes later this beautiful boy was born.  I have recovered much faster this time, and feel really good physically.  Which is a great blessing.  I have been so grateful to have my parents around who have helped out with Josh and Anna so much.  I think it's really helped with their adjustment.  Although I think my parents were exhausted when they brought them home:)

 Mom ran over to meet him before we were even out of the delivery room/.
 Loving the mohawk.

 Josh has loved him from the first moment and constantly wants to babysit him while i get ready.  Justin refused to leave the hospital while we were there, he didn't want to miss a second, and has been amazing, taking the baby until midnight so that I can get 5ish hours of straight sleep:)


 Anna loves him but is more interested in other things, unless he cries, in which case she rushes to shove his binkie in his mouth.



I just feel so lucky:)

6 comments:

Alli E. said...

Love LOVE the pics of him under the Christmas tree! What a great Christmas gift!!

the W* family said...

He is so precious, Nicole! What a cute name, too! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Congrats on beautiful baby Max. The pictures are all so sweet.

Laura said...

yeah for you! i love him. give him kisses from the redfords!

ashlee said...

Look at that plump newborn. I love all of that hair. He is so precious and looks so much like your other kids.

Grammy Suzzy said...

Just saw this...and he is gorgeous and precious! Congrats to all of you!