Monday, July 21, 2008

So I have finally decided to enter the blogging world for three reasons:
1.) I've been meaning to for months
2.) Pretty much everyone I know is out of town the next two weeks so I need something to do
3.) I finally have energy to do something (besides throwing up) while Josh is asleep:) - In case you didn't know - We're pregnant - due January 28th and very excited!

I also have some blogging resolutions (I figure if I write them out I'll be more likely to keep them):
1.) I will write about something other than my kids and husband at least every once in awhile
(basically to prove to myself that I still have a brain and know something about the world as a stay-at-home mom, and to spare my friends that don't have kids yet).
2.) I won't get too sappy and sentimental - I'm the type of person that pretty much cringes every time I read my journal and I'm going to try not to let that carry over into my blogging. I just start writing and so many "deep thoughts" come to me - but when I read them later I get totally confused.
3.) I will try and do a post approximately once a week.
4.) Oh and I will make my blog "cute" - unfortunately Lindsay's out of town and I'm having trouble figuring it out on my own.

So feel free to let me know if for some reason you feel like I'm not sticking to one or more of my above resolutions:) I really like goals and lists so I'll try not to post too many of them - maybe I should add that to my list. . .

That said: here's some pictures of our last beach house/San Francisco trip (I wanted to post some of Ashley and Jerry's trip, but unfortunately our memory card is currently MIA):


I have absolutely no idea why it is underlining all of my sentences.


Justin's cool picture of the Golden Gate.
Josh eating "brr cold" ice cream.
We drove home from San Jose along the PCH (beautiful drive by the way) It takes longer but it's worth it do once even with a 2-year-old. We stopped in Morro Bay where Justin became obsessed with taking pictures of this - admittedly cool - rock. We have at least 20. Morro Bay was a fun stop, they have a dinky little aquarium with sea lions, a bunch of shops, puppet shows etc.
Adam and Emily got really bored while everyone was going through stuff after Grandpa's funeral and they spent most of their time on the roof trying to throw stuff at people as they came outside:)


Josh really liked the street musicians at Fisherman's wharf. He was busting out all the moves and getting Grandpa to do the same.
My family by the Sea Lions.

Imitating what the Sea Lions say.

The trolley car. Josh pretty much loves any car and it was quite a struggle to get him off this one (before we got caught by the tour it actually belonged to).

I realize that this is really long for a first post, or pretty much any post - maybe that should be on my list too....not too long of posts. However, the reason we went up to San Jose/ San Francisco was because my grandpa passed away unexpectedly. So I wanted to add a picture of him so you can all see how young he looks (My family will laugh, he was pretty proud of looking young for his 75ish years). I'll miss you Grandpa. I appreciate everything you taught me about the world.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

YAY!! So excited you have a blog! I love the picture of Josh dancing-he has a huge smile! And I love the black and white picture of you guys :) I am just realizing how much I have missed seeing pictures of you guys--it makes you seem not so far away. It's okay for the first few posts to be long-you have a lot to catch us up on! (sorry that first post was me--didn't realize i was signed on as sam)

Meg said...

I am super excited about this! Love it!

2x2momma said...

Josh takes the most entertaining photos! He's hilarious! I love it!

The Leiters said...

We noticed that none of the Leiters made the blog; not even Natalie. We will remember this.

Katie said...

Yay! I am so happy you started the blog. The pics are great...I showed them to Easton and he kept saying "Josh" all afternoon...he misses him! I will call this week to catch up! Miss you guys!

Tasha said...

I am excited to hear that you are expecting!! So fun to see your cute family!