Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Great Books

Most of you know I absolutely love to read. I actually start feeling a little lost in the evenings if I don't have something that I can pick up and read for just a little bit after Josh goes to bed. I love how Amber always posts book recommendations on her blog so I thought I would post a couple that I've read lately. I might add a list eventually of my favorites, but it would be really long:)

This one is about the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. It's completely true but written in story form so it's easier to follow. I've been fascinated by the history of Palestine/Israel for a long time and I have to say that it's the most unbiased book I've read. It follows a Palestinian family that was forced to leave their home when the Israelis arrived and the Israeli family that moved into their home (the two families actually become friends although they will never agree on anything politically).










I know it's totally cliche to love the vampire books, but I do. She has such great character development! I feel like I know everyone by the end and they'd all recognize me and we'd be friends:) This one is probably my favorite out of the series. But I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't say anything else.













This is the 6th book in The Great and Terrible series. This one was actually not my favorite, but the series itself is awesome! It follows a family from the prexistance through the last days. I know it sounds kind of cheesy mormonish, but it's really not. The author was in the military so that aspect is really interesting and it makes you think a lot about the pre-existance, who you knew there, how Satan's forces work on earth, and will make you want to have a year's supply of food and a gun:)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I bought The Lemon Tree in Ireland and started it there, I am excited to keep reading, and I embarrassingly enough also can't wait to read the new Stephanie Meyer!

Meg said...

I have read the first two of the Great and the Terrible series...it is really good and I need to get the rest. Yeah and I have read the Twilight series too, just need the last one...they are so addictive, like a bad soap opera. Anyway, I love your recommendations.