Thursday - Drive all day, arrive in time for Adam's Eagle Court of Honor. I was so glad I got to be there and so excited for him. The coolest part was a speech by a guy representing the Mormon Battalion. He said some amazing things and gave Adam some really cool mementos - walking stick, skull:) etc. He talked about how strong Adam will have to be, he'll be a leader etc, you could just really feel of the guys spirit as he talked, I felt all inspired to be better and be like Adam. I think he talked a little too much about marriage for Adam's comfort though:
And here's where the Mom confession comes in. The things I was most excited to do besides hang out with the amazing women in my family and see my Dad and brother:
Shop - and take my time at.... Walmart and Children's Place
Sleep
Get some file folder games and letter games colored and finished
Talk without having to stop and say, "Just a second hon." "Don't do that" "I don't know why ____ fill in the blank with 1000 different things" etc etc and then forget what you were originally talking about.
Eat without having to get up twenty times, or cook or do the dishes
Watch movies
I know - I am totally the life of the party!
Friday:
Worked out with Jessie in the am
Went to lunch at Pizza Factory
Watched Dear John - do not get me started on this movie - the guy yes is beautiful, but I find Nicholas Spark's story lines so incredibly frustrating.
Checked into our condo
Everyone but me went to a basketball game - Me stayed home, colored and watched chick flicks. I loved it!
Saturday:
Massages- so incredible
Lunch
Shopping - Walmart, Children's Place, TJ Max all my dreams come true
Dinner - Thai food - Interesting experience here - We ordered our food mild, got one dish that was incredibly spicy, asked to have it replaced and the waiter wouldn't do it!!! Have you ever heard of that? It was a really odd experience. Mom talked to the manager who got it replaced and gave us a free dessert, which as Jessie told her was, "the best thing that has ever happened to me" It was that good.
Hot tub, movies, books, facials pedicures.
We had some great conversations and lots of relaxing although I could never make it sleeping in past 8. maybe someday....I love the women in my family and am so grateful that we're so close.
Another Mom confession:
I had a blast, but I really missed my kids... and my husband:) Then I would feel guilty for leaving them when I knew they were missing me. I had this conversation in my head several times: "You're a stay-at-home Mom. You never leave them. You need it. They're fine..."
Thank you so much for all who helped watch my kids, gave rides and to Mom for planning it all. Maybe next year you'll have some adult daughters who can take a turn planning:)
5 comments:
I'll bet Jessie won't bug you about not mentioning her anymore after that fabulous picture in her masque!!! It's adorable Jessie!
Sounds fun Nicole! It is so fun to see pictures of your family. I can't believe that Adam is old enough to be an Eagle Scout, crazy!
Adam is sure a cutie! And I love that first picture of Jessie. Sounds like a really fun weekend but I often feel the same way as you-missing the kids and hubbie and feeling incredibly guilty. Glad you had fun though and got to shop by yourself and eat without being interrupted.
So funny about all the chicks looking at Adam's badges...oh to be a teenager. Looks like you had a great trip...I hear ya on the mom vacation...eating and shopping without interruptions is vacation enough.
i no longer feel any love for you. i hope you feel like a terrible person :)
Post a Comment