Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Great Outdoors



 There is something about the great outdoors that calms me down and puts things into perspective.  All three of us were still sick, when we couldn't stand it anymore and decided to go on a short hike in the sunshine.  I love the unhurridness of childhood.  That they stopped and found this hole fascinating for a good ten minutes. (Granted I only love it when I'm not in a hurry, not when I'm trying to get Josh out the door for school:)
I love that my independent chica insisted on carrying her baby and her wallet the whole time.

 It's always more fun to go off the trail:)  I think being around kids is good for all of us.  If it wasn't for them I would have walked along and enjoyed the scenery, but never have been tempted to climb this pile of rocks.  Pure spontaneity and joy.  Why do we miss so many of the little things that could make our days?
There weren't even any tears until we were almost to the car.

These kids love their Daddy to put them to bed.  He is WAY more fun than I am by 8 pm.

No comments: