Max: I am frazzled trying to get Josh out the door for soccer. (He told me he'd found all his soccer stuff but really he'd grabbed cleats two sizes too big because he didn't want to look for the ones that actually fit him...) Max: "Mom!"
me: "what love"
Max: "I love you" and just burrows into me. so so darling!
Anna. We have great conversations on our dates. Keep in mind that she has been talking like a teenager lately in tone of voice and mannerisms. If you watch Sophia the First she sounds just like Amber.... I give her a kiss and say randomly without thinking, "every date should end with a kiss" Then I have a vision of her remembering that statement in high school and amend it to, "Every date with your mom should end with a kiss. No kissing boys until you are at least 16."
"Why no kissing boys?"
"It's just not good to do until your older" (neither of us is ready for that talk yet...)
"But can I tell them they are cute?"
"ummmm, sure, but no kissing. Is there a boy you think is cute."
"not really, except Max he is really really cute. So what should I do if a boy tries to kiss me?"
"You just say. I don't kiss boys yet."
"Ok or I could just run away because I am really really fast."
thank heavens for that my love. and thank heavens for the fact that you only have two boys in your preschool class.
Josh: At breakfast. Josh is a really really slow eater and super chatty while he is eating.
"Mom some boys started being mean to me again."
"oh no. what happened?"
"well I came out after lunch and they threw balls at me and called me a pea head."
"Bud I'm so sorry did any of your friends stand up for you?"
"I didn't know where most of them were" (slow eater he is always the last one out to recess after lunch)
"So what did you do?"
"Well I told my teacher and she said she would talk to them. They were doing it to a couple of kids, so I went over to one of the other boys and told him he could come play with me and he did and we had fun. and then I went to the last kid they were doing it to and asked him if he wanted to play with us too. He told me that I didn't really want to play with him, and I said I did and he said that he would just play by himself I don't think he believed me."
Sweet sweet boy, so much more mature confident and brave than I was. I love him. and I swear if any more kids are mean to them I will beat them.......
The End....
No comments:
Post a Comment