Friday, September 11, 2009

The Birthday Boys

Josh's party was at Crestview park. Which was perfect, although slightly farther than I'd anticipated. I was a slightly nervous wreck before the party started. I think I was almost as nervous as I was at my 15th birthday party. Would people come? Would there be enough food? etc. It was slightly ridiculous - but it turned out really fun. The above picture was what the boys did after the festivities and below is what the girls and the babies did.

The cake - I hate decorating cakes with a passion and I'm not enough of a perfectionist to do it well (something I'm trying to work on a little bit). Luckily Josh wanted a spider man cake. So I talked him into a chocolate sheet cake with purchased spider and spider man decorations. He was thrilled - although I was a little self-conscious when I brought it out, you see I let him put the decorations where ever he wanted. I do love how all little kids gather around the cake and the presents, it's almost as exciting for them as the birthday person.The highly anticipated pinata - no my party did not have a theme - hence the pirate ship pinata and the spiderman cake - all picked out by the birthday boy.

Luckily Eva was there to break it for the kids - who were all satisfied with one piece of candy.

Josh was dying to open his presents - it was really bordering on rude. Just look at the longing in that face. He was polite after opening them though. He loved them all - we had way too generous of friends! After opening presents he stood on the table and yelled, "I love you all soooo much!"








We also had a little party for Josh at home on his actual birthday - just check out the snowman cake... ya I didn't even do that - all Justin.

Justin's birthday. I really really wanted to surprise my husband. I never get to - he always wants something complicated that he has to pick out - oh and I'm really really bad at keeping secrets, I get way too excited. But this time I was determined to pull it off. I had money that he didn't know about, and then told him with wanting to do his own business thing we really didn't have the money to buy a TV but we could put money toward it. Then I threw him a little surprise party - just me and the kid, the day before his birthday - genius I know. He was honestly surprised about the party and really excited, but my sweet Josh had already told him about the TV. They were talking about birthdays and Josh said, "We already wrapped you a present Daddy, it's behind the piano." and apparently looked horrified after because he knew he wasn't supposed to tell. oh well. I can say Justin was quite pleased though. He also got, "tickets to take me to the big theater just me and you" from Josh:)
Utes decoration although you can't see the red balloons. Justin admitted he thought I used black because he was old - it was because now he can actually see the Utes games:)
Happy happy Dad! We also got to go out for Thai food and to Disneyland the next day thanks to some amazing babysitters!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the last pic of Justin and the kids.

Amber said...

Fun birthday! and by the way you look great! I love the picture of you laughing--and when I saw that you were wearing the necklace that you wore all through high school it made me miss you--November is not comming soon enough! :-)

2x2momma said...

What a fun birthday! My boys had an awesome time, and I didn't think the park was too far away, we just took forever getting there because we had uncooperative kids. It would have taken us forever to go to the front of our street. ;)