Monday, November 15, 2010

Not How I Pictured My Morning....

This morning I was going to decorate for Christmas.... I know it's a little bit early, but we are headed up to Idaho for almost two weeks and when we get back it will be December. I also did a lot of my Christmas shopping last week. I'm just kind of struggling with Christmas this year. I want to make it magical for my kids, but I want them to know what it's really about, so I figured that I would get the decorating and the shopping done, and really focus on Christ. I want to do a service count down(make a paper chain with small acts of service on it and pull one off everyday) , tell them the Natvity, Toys for Tots etc Anyways, so I got all our decorations out of our storage unit this morning, brought them home, let the kids start unpacking them envisioning Christmas music playing while we transformed our house into a wonderland and...... there was a mouse living in our tree. Droppings everywhere. So instead I spent the morning washing the carpets and disinfecting everything, and contemplating where to get a new christmas tree this early....

So instead of pictures of my beautifully decorated house, you will get the rest of our Halloween pictures. I guess I should play a little catch-up anyway.





I loved watching this little girl carry around her basket, she wouldn't let anyone else touch it. I had to secretly take some candy out so it wasn't too heavy for her to carry.
And she would not pose for a picture. This is her new favorite thing to do, and there was no stopping and smiling for the camera.






It was so fun to see all my cousins dressed up before we headed out. This is everyone that lives in St. George at my Grandma's house...
Anna is not sure what to think about her Daddy as Darth Mal. He was wearing my abaya from Saudi. It is not the first time it has been used as a Halloween costume, but none of those costumes has ever had anything to do with it's intended purpose.


The story of the pumpkins. So Justin's cousin Brooke has a pumpkin carving party every year. This year we attended, and it was a blast. Just to tease Justin I picked out a pattern that was crazy hard, he laughed at me and wouldn't do it, but then.... his cousin decided to do it. These boys used to play ball together on a weekly basis and are really competitive, so about 10 o'clock Justin, not to be outdone decides to take on spiderman. He stayed up until three that night, and then worked from 7-2 with some breaks the next day. I was not pleased..... but the pumpkins do look cool. This is the center display at Brooke's house Halloween night, as you can see, spiderman got a place of honor.
I carved the Elmo:)

3 comments:

Alli E. said...

Wow! There has got to be a Christmas song to go with your mouse...on the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me mouse droppings in my Christmas tree...So sorry your morning didn't work out as planned! There are Christmas trees out at Costco!! Good luck!!

Katie said...

One year when I was a kid there was a dead mouse in our Nativity set when we unpacked it from the garage. That was special. I love that Justin got into his costume as much as Josh did. Hope you guys have a great time in Idaho!

ashlee said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving in Idaho. Anna is getting so big. I want to see her grow up.