Friday, May 20, 2011

Jessie's Wedding

 Jessica Esplin married Brady McArthur May 7th 2011.  After dating for 2 years, waiting for two years and then dating/engaged for almost another year they were ready.  Jessie wasn't even the slightest bit nervous.  Watching Jessie go through the temple was amazing.  Words can't describe the power of the ceremony.  The sealing was my favorite though.  They were so happy gazing into each others eyes, so happy in fact that Jess said "Yes" too early.  When she realized her mistake she said, "Shoot!" in the middle of the ceremony.  Total Jess.  Then after the sealer had them stand side by side and said,  "Look at them they're the perfect size, good luck staying that way!"  Or something to that effect:) 
 Waiting for them to come out of the temple.  Both my kids LOVED their wedding outfits.
 My sister, Amy and her two daughters.  We loved having them hear for two weeks.  Honestly we feel a little lost without them.  Anna still occasionally asks where Natalie or Auntie Amy is.  Anna and Natalie would disappear for hours.



 All the little ones holding Jessie's amazing dress.  Anna was confused when they told her she could go hold the dress and ran up to the front of Jessie and just clutched the fabric - we sorted her out.
 Mom spent hours and hours on the decorations and they were so beautiful.  She used all her mom's, (who recently passed away) crystal, and made these amazing string balls that she hung from the ceiling and used in the centerpieces.  Every table was different.
 Jessie made sure to give her nieces and nephews lots of attention on her day.  They will be so sad when she has her own kids:)
 The cute couple at their wedding dinner.  They both cried - which I have only seen Jess do a couple of times (including the night Brady left), and have never seen Brady do.  Their wedding video was also awesome.  It was completely them, Jessie kept referring to food, and how Brady's cousins were mean to her when he came home, you know total honesty:)
 And before the took off for Mexico there was the necessary game of tag.  What an awesome aunt!
 Mom bought some old closet doors at DI for the back drop, attached them together, painted and glazed them, so cool.  I hope I can hire her when Anna gets married.


The only pic of me and Justin.  And it's at the wedding dinner.  He got the stomach flu that night and missed the whole wedding and reception.  Poor guy!

5 comments:

2x2momma said...

Holy crow- those doors look awesome! I love that photo of you and Justin too. Still want to do a photo swap... someday ;)

Laura said...

But it is a great picture of you and Justin!

Grammy Suzzy said...

Simply absolutely lovely! Your mom, as usual, is amazing. Tell me something, Nicole...Jessica dated her sweetheart for two years, then waited for him to serve his mission for two years, and then waited to marry after his mission? Silly question, I know, but our Nathan has dated the most wonderful, awesome girl...named Jessica...and we all simply just adore her to pieces...and he will be 19 in January, and so he probably will serve a mission... I know I'm a nut, but I would SO love for her to wait for him and marry, after he returns...he has a scholarship at SVU waiting for him... I don't want to pressure anyone, but I sure would like to know if it DOES happen in real life, not just LDS fairy tales!

Michelle said...

I didn't know that Jess knew Brady and dated him for so long. I would have loved to be there but it just wasn't possible. The pictures you posted are amazing. Were your parents there? Just kidding...I just didn't see them in any of the pictures.

I had to laugh about Justin being sick and missing the wedding and all. It was exactly the same for Stephen when Ryan got married-I was pregnant, had two kids and had to do the whole day myself while Stephen stayed in bed being sick.

Katie said...

So cute...Your mom is so crafty. And your hair is soooo long! I love it!