I feel like pee has been a major part of my life as a Mom for way longer than it should have been. Anna still wears pull ups at night. Josh recently went down to being taken to the bathroom once a night instead of twice.... and last night the kids had a sleep over at their Gram's house.... It was a last minute thing so they didn't have PJs or anything with them......
At our house: Justin and I went home happy and so grateful to only have one child waking up at night to deal with. (Anna has been having nightmares and Josh was up for 2 hours Saturday night because he was so excited for the Easter Bunny - and he later told us he was starving too....) Max had an OK night, but I wake up in a panic about 4:45am worrying about my kids. So I run into Max's room, but he's sleeping peacefully, no blanket strangling him or any such thing. So I go back into my room and I can't calm the worried feeling. I also can't really remember my dream so i'm wondering if that's it. I decide to wake Justin up and ask him if he's worried about Josh and Anna (he is very grateful for this intrusion into his sleep) He says nope he feels fine, but if I'm worried to call Mom she'll understand. I feel bad doing this, and briefly consider just driving over there, but then decide that would just freak everyone out because the only way to get in is through the garage. I settle for texting Mom and Dad and asking them to check on the kids. Say a prayer that if something is wrong that they'll see it, and eventually go back to sleep. I calmed myself by thinking, "both my parents are really in tune. I can remember lots of times when they knew things that i needed without my telling them..."
AT Mom's house: I told Mom that Josh had been good lately, just to take him to the bathroom before she went to bed and it would be fine. She was exhausted and completely forgot. Josh has an accident at some unspecified time during the night. (From this point it's all Josh's story so we're not 100% sure on any of the facts) He woke up and was upset and embarrassed and was crying. He didn't want to go get Grams so he wakes Anna up to go get her. Anna starts crying... probably because she's tired and it's in the middle of the night. She refuses to go get Grams. So Josh takes off his pants and has an idea, "Anna we're right across from the toy room... let's go play!" To which Anna replies, "We're not supposed to, I'm tired, it's night I want to sleep." Josh comes back with, " I know, I'll pick a number between 1 and 10 and whoever is closer gets to pick what we do." Anna picked 7, Josh picked 8, the number was 8, amazing how that works.... So they go play for awhile and then fall asleep in the toy room on the bean bags. Mom comes up in the morning to find them playing trains, Josh naked from the waist down..... It's even funnier if you picture Josh telling the story.
Now the question is, did all this happen around 5 am?
Now the question is, did all this happen around 5 am?
2 comments:
Funny story. Too bad you'll never know exactly what was going on!
Oh, and by the way, we had so much fun seeing you the other day. I'm glad we could spend a few hours together.
Post a Comment