Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Through Anna's Eyes

Earlier today Anna asked me if she could be the mommy and I would be the little girl.  I said sure.  In her eyes this is what Mommy's do.
Anna: "Time for dinner."
Me: "Yay thank you for making dinner mom."
Anna: "No pretend you don't like it."
Me: "umm OK.  I don't like it mom do I have to eat it."
Anna:" Yes you do it's good for you."
 She also made me this the other day.  I call it the revenge of our "You always have to take one bite" rule.  It's candy hearts made into a "smoothie".  She was crushed when I said I didn't love it, so as a good Mom I said, "Just kidding I love it can I have some more!"  We like to keep them from disappointments and reality as long as possible right?

So after our not so delicious dinner she informed me that now it was time to go to the doctor to get shots.  But if I was super brave she would take me to Swig.  So that's apparently the most important things moms do in a day; make you eat gross food and take you to get shots.
She will also always inform me when I am not matching.  The other day I was wearing a purple necklace and a black shirt.  Anna informed me with a serious little face that it did not match.  I told her that there wasn't purple in my shirt but that purple and black can go together.  Then Justin jumps in with, "Actually there's a tiny bit of brown in your necklace so she's right it doesn't really match."  Thanks love!  She notices people's clothes and shoes in minute detail.  In fact when I ask her what game she wants to play she will describe the characters clothes and hair in detail, she never can remember the name of the game.  All of this is ironic since given the choice she will always pick her cozy dora pajamas and flower headband to wear (which definitely do not match); day or night.