In the craziness that has entered my life since having the third baby. I have found myself using "Quiet time" also known as "leave Mom alone for an hour or you die time" for reflection, writing out my thoughts, organizing and saving pictures, reading scriptures, as well as a ton other of other mundane tasks that I never have time for. This is new for me, usually I use quiet time for sleeping.... but whenever I lie down during the day lately, I think, "I have to fall asleep fast! Max won't sleep for very long, OK NOW sleep. " It hasn't worked out for me too well. Which also may be why I went to bed at 6:45 last night (thank you soo soo much Justin!) However, even with the lack of sleep, I treasure this time to reconnect with myself. It's amazing how you love your kids so much more when you've spent some time scrapbooking about them, looking at their darling faces, thinking about their quirky personalities, and just generally getting a break from the incessant chatter....
Anyways, that was not what I really wanted to write about. I have done some more thinking, and discussing on the prayer topic from my previous post. My wise Mom pointed out that my uneasy feelings may be the answer in and of themselves. Uneasy with the doctor's unconcern, uneasy with all the options presented, which caused me to investigate all the options in more depth. Which ultimately led me to speaking with very nice SLP who works at the Bloomington Hills preschool, who gave me some great advice and will be evaluating Anna next week. And I feel completely at peace with that decision. Especially since Anna's stuttering has significantly improved this last week. I waited almost three months to worry about it, and now she's getting better.... oh well. I am also planning on documenting her stuttering for an hour a day, at different times of the day, so I can go into the evaluation with some concrete data, or lack thereof.. Kids just don't always cooperate at these things.
The conclusion is that I am always learning, and while I still feel like I don't really know how to pray in many ways, I do feel like there is some communication going on, even if I could be oh so much better at it. And my precious hour of quiet time is done.....
1 comment:
Caleb developed a stutter when he was 3 and it just about broke my heart. So I can relate to what you're feeling. Thankfully with some speech therapy, some growing up and some time it all resolved and I don't see a trace of it anymore. I hope it will all work out for you.
Post a Comment