I told my kids this morning that morning is my favorite time of the day. And it is. I love getting up just a little before my kids and getting something done, whatever it may be (and no I am not super woman that hasn't been happening as often with a new baby). But I also love seeing my kids when they get up. The cuddles I get, just chatting with them etc. Not ready to pull my hair out yet, just a fresh start and 99% of the time everyone is happy - at least until I start making them do their morning jobs....
Just look at these darling faces.
However by the end of the day I look more like this. I HATE bedtime, iI hate the stalling, the questions, the hyperness. I have felt guilty about this for quite sometime. What mother hates cuddling with her kids at night and reading stories? I have been trying to be more patient, which means starting the process about 45 minutes before I actually want them in bed. Justin has been gone three nights a week this past month with Scouts, his own basketball games, and coaching the YM, so I have had lots of opportunities to practice. But I have come to peace with my least favorite time of day.... because I also have a favorite time of day:) -does anyone else love one and hate the other?
PS In resolution to the previous post. The WONDERFUL guy who sold us my second phone is in our ward, and said he would replace it:) I am a blessed blessed girl.
2 comments:
I also enjoy the morning, but it is not because I get up before anyone else. In the past I enjoyed being up and having alone time, but have found that the minute I get up it wakes everyone else up. Thankfully, Rachel is good at waking up with her alarm clock and she will get dressed then come in and wake us up and we get some morning snuggle time--maybe for a good 20 minutes or so. Just this week I found out just how important this was to her, she mentioned how it is getting hard to wake up because she is waking up at night and not getting any sleep. I told her we could set her alarm clock for later since she is getting up long before she really needs to--and she was sad and said "but if I wake up later you guys are already awake" and I said "so what?" and then she explained if we are already awake it means no snuggle time. Ahhh :) guess I will keep enjoying that my 8 year old still likes it.
I enjoy bedtime, knowing that soon my children will be going to bed and I'll get some quiet time. I know it sounds bad but it is true. Morning is hard-I'm tired and I sometimes dread what the day is going to bring (which often isn't usually as bad as I'm imagining it).
Post a Comment