Monday, May 7, 2012

Annaisms and Mother's Day



I have struggled finding time to blog since my Max entered my world.  Which is unfortunate because I find it so relaxing and reorientating if that makes sense.  However, there are some things which just cannot be missed.  This morning I told my kids that we were celebrating mother's day for Grams today because she was going to be gone on actual mother's day.  In their heads this translated to today was mother's day.  And while I was getting ready they made me these gems.
 Josh's note was super sweet.  And he made it from Max too because Max can't make anything yet.  Always looking out for his siblings that boy.  He taped the action figure from Rio on it because.... I'm still unclear.  I asked him why he wanted to share one of his precious action figures with me and he said, "Because I know you like to.... and he did some karate moves."  mmmkay.  Love that boy.
IAnd Anna's.  She gave me one of her babies that, "she doesn't like as much so I could have it."  Had Josh write Mom on it's stomach, taped it to a piece of paper and then taped it's hands together and it's mouth shut so, "It wouldn't wake me up at night..."  Maybe I need to be less vocal about how tired I am:)  She later made one for Max too.

Other favorite things from Anna lately

"Mom can I have some goose tape?"  She meant duct tape.
Both her and Josh call life savers, "light sabers"  love it.
Last weekend at the beach she kept holding a seashell she found up to the sky and closing it, then told me, "I'm catching sunshine."  Melted me..
Comes up to me crying hysterically, "Nobody wants to play with me!!"
"Do they not want to play with you or do they not want to play what you want to play." (I have been trying to convince my kids that these are two different things.)
"They don't want to play what I want to.'
"Well what do you want to play"
"Princess shark boys... more sobs"
Now who wouldn't want to play that? That sounds like a game Josh and Anna came up with as a compromise.  It didn't take Josh long to discover that Anna will play whatever he wants if he says, "And there's a princess in it.


1 comment:

Alli E. said...

Super cute! Love the "Goose Tape!"