There is really nothing better than a rainy day. As long as it only happens once in a awhile. It just makes me want to curl up inside with the people I love best. It makes me feel content with my life. We have been having major thunderstorms off and on since last Saturday. Last Saturday, the kids loved it, but now they are ready for the sun to come back out.
Yesterday, I opened all the windows so we could listen to the rain and "thunder" and "lightening" (said with just the right intonation in their little voices - big eyes, excited face, just so you can get a mental image) and we made pumpkin decorations to put on our door. Josh has been making me feel soooo guilty for not decorating more for Halloween this year. I get comments like.
"Wow Mom look at their door, I wish our door looked like that!"
"Look at all those Punkins!"
"Can we go over to Gram's and just look at her decorations?"
The homemade pumpkins and bats on the door seemed to do the trick, and we had fun making them. My personal favorite is the one Josh made where "the mouth is eating the eyes and nose"
To further enjoy the weather, Anna and I went on a run on one of the many trails this morning while Josh was at school. Being outside with all the awesome clouds rolling over the red cliffs made me feel worshipful. I understand better now, Justin's constant comments of surfing early in the am being a "spiritual experience"
I feel so happy and so blessed at this very moment - I'm sure in a half hour it will be different, after all it's "quiet time" but I have been getting better at hanging on to the happy, fulfilled feelings longer, thanks to Power of Moms and my friend Melissa's great ideas on her blog.
3 comments:
You know you're in Utah when Josh is seeing lots of other Halloween door decorations. Glad you guys are having some fun times!
My Dad was telling us about those storms you're having. Looks like you guys enjoyed it, at least for a while.
I can't believe Halloween is almost here! We've been getting a lot of rain too- crazy!
Post a Comment