Monday, June 13, 2011

A Typical Morning

 We have been much slower than usual this summer getting going in the mornings.  Which is usually OK but sometimes a source of frustration to me.  This morning it was a slight source of frustration, and an exercise in patience, but then I saw these pictures.  I have been much better about taking day to day pictures lately and these ones made me feel like I was doing OK.  My kids definitely have their moments - we're working particularly hard on not screaming when something doesn't happen exactly as you wanted it, but I am grateful for the most part they play so well together despite a huge difference in interests.

First the princess must pack her bag for the adventure of the day.
 And the knight/Jedi must get all his weapons ready.
 Then they have to have a quick light saber practice because they are BOTH good guys.
 no idea.
 The towns must also be built - each with their own specific blocks, no helping or stealing blocks at this point.
 When they get worn out they build a boat and go to sleep.


 This is how you will see Anna, for most of the day every day.  It is a dancing skirt, which she calls "my Mary"  She like to wear it on her head and pretend to be Mary, and of course baby Addy goes EVERYWHERE with us.
We also love the summer reading programs at the library.
 And designing new weapons.  Everytime Josh watches a new movie he has observed all the weapons and how they are used - this spear design came from Tarzan.
And design new princess outfits, this particular one is beauty.  And I'm sad that I can't figure out how to upload videos to blogger, it never works for me, but if I ever figure it out this one is hilarious! Dancing princesses with descriptions of weapons cut in.

1 comment:

peachytiffers said...

Your kids are so cute!