Josh and I, not Jessie and I. Sisters are always best friends. I just really like this picture that Jessie's wonderful photographer took (Christina P. Photography)....
When Josh was little we did everything together. We would even sit on the corner forever and watch trucks and dogs go by. He would help me make dinner etc.
We still spend a lot of time together, and on days he goes to school and then somewhere else I really miss him, I think I get separation anxiety more than him.
However, lately he has become a BOY! I can't remember the last time he took a nap and he has soooo much energy. I have noticed it especially the last couple of weeks. He has to do at least one thing that is really physical every day. And even then he is still bouncing off the walls and running around like a crazy person; and talking INCESSANTLY. All I have to do is occasionally nod my head and he keeps going. I can talk to him and he won't even hear me as he is completely in his own world. This afternoon it was all about volcanoes, how he knew everything about them above ground and underwater, was going to climb one someday, and how exactly he was going to do that in incredible detail. He doesn't like to help me cook anymore (unless he gets to taste the sugar). He would rather be building a crazy contraption, playing war,or jumping on the couch. Really the energy just busts out of him in crazy yells several times a day. We are both much happier in general when he has a friend to play with for part of the day.
I have always been social and enjoy hanging out with friends most days, but somehow there has been a shift in our family dynamics that is hard to describe. Mom is simply no longer enough. Oh, I maybe could be, but I do have to do other things besides pretending to climb volcanoes and build race tracks for my own sanity as well as for my family's general well-being.
This change isn't a bad thing, just different, and pulls at my heart strings a little bit.
My little Anna has grown up a lot lately too, she is not as content to do whatever her brother wants, and asks constantly, "Mommy you want to play with me?" (She really does not approve of the way Josh plays babies) Which is hard to say no to, time consuming, and may be further contributing to my feelings of.... inadequacy? that's not really it.. lack of time? kind of.....change?......importance of noticing and treasuring the moments?.... that too.


1 comment:
Those are AWESOME pictures of your kids! adorable. good think you're having another :)
Post a Comment