*Worn a tank top under their shirt because all of your bras are dirty only to discover around 4pm that it was totally obvious you weren't wearing a bra?
*Set a mental timer to play with their kid for at least 20 minutes straight, because you realize that you tell him you'll play with him and then get distracted by something else after 5 minutes?
*Told at least 20 different stories in one day with characters ranging from Spiderman, to Aladdin, to Grandma and Grandpa? Josh likes to pretend to be Uncle Adam :) And if I talk to him he'll let me get just about anything done.
*Gotten to go on a date with your husband for the first time in approximately 3 months, be gone only 2 hours (because of course you have to be home to feed the baby) and still after only that short of time felt like a real adult again with opinions on things other than toy cars? (substitute whatever toy you need to if you have girls)
*Finally fit into a pair of jeans (with difficulty) after being pregnant. Just to discover that while the button may button there is no way that the zipper is staying up.
*Written a list like this in their head all day laughing as you go, to only forget it when you sat down to actually write it?
*Had kids as cute as these? I'm sure if you have kids you'll answer YES!! to this one.


My Mom had a poem hanging in the kitchen when I was growing up which she recently gave to me and I love it. As I was laughing throughout the day at all the little things it came to mind and I thought there would be some of you who might enjoy it:
Some houses try to hide the fact that childen
Shelter there
Ours boast of it quite openly the signs are
Everywhere
From smears on the windows
To little smudges on the doors
I should apologize I guess for the
Toys strewn on the floor...
But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn't shine their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other..
I'd like to be a housewife, but first I'll be a mother.
And that would have been my excuse if any of you had happened to see my house this afternoon. That and the fact that we were all sick yesterday:)
Shelter there
Ours boast of it quite openly the signs are
Everywhere
From smears on the windows
To little smudges on the doors
I should apologize I guess for the
Toys strewn on the floor...
But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn't shine their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other..
I'd like to be a housewife, but first I'll be a mother.
And that would have been my excuse if any of you had happened to see my house this afternoon. That and the fact that we were all sick yesterday:)

3 comments:
Here's my poem for you...And I just posted yours on my blog! And yes, I have actually set the timer to make sure my kids get "quality" play time with me!!
Babies Don't Keep
Cleaning and scrubbing
Can wait till tomorrow,
For babies grow up
We've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby,
And babies don't keep.
What a funny post! I can totally relate!
This post is hilarious!! Ah, the joy of children, I love that you have such a great sense of humour about everything, it reminds me to try to keep mine intact. And those photos of Anna and Josh are soooo darling!!
Post a Comment