Justin and some friends took their long awaited surf trip to Mexico this last weekend - despite travel warnings and for some - sleepless nights the night before departure. They had a fantastic time, and want to do a couples trip next time - I'm all for it.
The view from their roof.
Private beach - a little rocky, but still good surfing. Two of them ended up with sea urchins in their feet. Apparently water shoes would be helpful.
The entertainment at the border. Stuff like this always pulls at my heart strings.
Their $4 dinner. Apparently they paid one wonderful Mexican lady $4 per meal to cook them dinner and deliver it to their house. It was incredibly cheap food and accommodations and Justin kept raving about both.
So what did the girls do? I was very grateful that he left with some of my best friends husbands so we could keep each other entertained and that they rented a van... that means I had a car when he went out of town. Oh the luxury!Unfortunately he took the camera so we don't have pictures. but
Friday: I serendipitously met one of my best friends and her family at Disneyland and finally got to see the long anticipated Aladdin show. Anna even lasted a solid half hour inside and Josh loved it. Then I got my kids to bed by 6:45 by promising that they could move in with me when I went to bed, brought the monitor to my fabulous Natalie and headed out to a chick flick. Remember Me. It was OK. I always love a good love story, but this one had a little too many revealing scenes for me and not enough communication. I'm big on communication and resolving things. I did see a preview for our next girls night out though -- I'm thinking Letters to Juliet - or something like that - it looks soo happy! We were all missing out husbands a little - Val especially, because we all have fabulous husbands and they help us a ton. Val's kids hadn't been sleeping at all and when she called the babysitter and found out her kids were asleep she burst into tears of relief, which caused several others to get teary eyed and Ashlee to announce to passers by, "This is the mother's group, there's lots of hormones." Good times:) I am so grateful for all these amazing women and friends in my life with so many different backgrounds and interests. They make my life richer.
Saturday: Just hung out. Played at Burger King and had dinner at Ashlee's with our multitude of combined children.
Sunday: Survived church and a 40 minute drive there and a 50 minute drive home (stupid marathon) by myself. Yahoo.
We were so glad to see Daddy walk through the door, and I can't wait until the girl's adventure in May.
6 comments:
sounds like fun--well as much fun as you can have when your husband leaves you with the kids for the weekend. :-)
looks like the guys had lots of fun...and lots of cheap food. and i'm impressed that you girls all went out too!
you forgot the part where you called me from burger king on saturday and begged me not to hang up. love you :)
thanks for publicly announcing that jess. for the record i wasn't feeling good and was incredibly bored. i didn't want to get my wonderful friends sick, but i did go hang out after promising not to touch their children.
So where do the girls get to go in May?
I just read your post on Mexico on my Google reader and when I went to comment it wasn't there. I loved all the pictures and I totally agree with so much of what you said-that everyone needs a getaway with your spouse and that it's almost better when you can't talk to the kids while you're gone.
I love the surfing photos! I'm so glad the boys got to get away for a much needed break- Ian came back so relaxed. I think the angels were watching out for us because my mom just happened to come that weekend, and in retrospect I don't think that Val or I could have made it without her! She was the one watching Beckham when I called and Val started crying, she watched him all day the next day too. I think the universe knows when we need a break and a little help... it's nice to know we have it when we need it.
Post a Comment