Thursday, May 27, 2010

Moms and Dads



I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Kids need Moms AND Dads whenever possible. We just bring such different things to the partnership and to parenting. There's several boys in Justin's scout troop who don't have Dad's and it's obvious which ones they are. Anyways, to illustrate my point, this is a conversation I overhead today.

Josh bursting into tears..

Justin, "It's not OK to cry. It's OK to lose, but it's not OK to cry. We don't cry we fight until the end!"

Josh kind of whimpers....

They were having a race between Josh and Anna to get their pajamas on, Josh had gotten one of his arms stuck. A discussion on being a good sport so that games are fun for everyone followed.

These kids need a Dad to make them tough, because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been my response. I had to control my giggling before I left the bathroom....
Throwing up in the air, is definitely another Dad thing...


No comments: