Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Fiesty Chica!

When Anna was first born everyone talked about how "sweet" she was. "You can just feel her sweetness" etc. Maybe we should have said feel her goodness...
Her current favorite things:

Saying "No!" it rarely matters what you ask her - as in above picture

Doing what she can to antagonize her brother

Trying SOO SOO hard to do whatever the other big kids or her mom is doing

Making the surprised, mean, happy, sad, and go to sleep face (my current favorite is the go to sleep face - it is either a scowl or eyes closed and a big grin depending on her mood) - I have tried to capture the faces on camera but she hasn't cooperated.

Stealing the phone from me and "talking" to whoever is there and then refusing to give it back

Throwing herself on the ground and screaming when she can't do something

Crying hysterically when she is reprimanded for doing something wrong - it's more of an "I'm so offended" cry than a mad cry.

Expressing an opinion on everything from which book to read to her, to what shoes she wants to where, to what bow she wants in her hair - largely communicated through facial expressions and grunts.

She also went down to one nap and is teething which haven't improved her temperament.

Favorite words other than no:
Josh - as of today, over and over
More!!
She loves to climb on everything- including the table, from which she can hang from the chandelier.... and dump out every book in the house - see previous post to appreciate that that's a lot. Actually dumping everything out is a favorite no matter what it is. I got my whole house clean today by showing her different things to dump out - notice I said clean not picked up.
But she is still so darling and I guess..... sweet - yes she is sweet just a fiesty sweet. She's a great little mama to her babies. She feeds them, changes them and puts them to bed all day long. and gives great loves and kisses
This lasted for about five minutes - trying to figure out what's so entertaining about T.V.
Loves to dip with her Dad.
More evidence of climbing on things - unfortunately even the table isn't a safe place for lego cities.
Trying to beat Josh to the bubbles...
Being a Jedi Knight - the wonderful things you can learn from big brothers....


Ahhh.. documenting her cuteness helps me... My patience will be renewed when she wakes up from her hopefully long nap....

My beautiful feisty little girl we learn so much from you:)

PS Yes I realize my children are wearing hardly any clothes in most of those pictures - they get the stripping as soon as they walk in the door from their dad:)

6 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

She is just the cutest! And, I really think your sweet little angel is not alone...Allison's Grace-there is absolutely no questioning how she feels about anything! She is very fervent. I ask her something on the phone, and it is always a self assured answer! Kayty-19 year old college sophomore-still torments 17 year old brother, plus the older ones as well. Nate has his girlfriend drive him to school on occasion just so Kayty doesn't get mad at him. Girls...so "out there"...so "let it be known"...gotta love 'em!

Our Family said...

Hey I saw you at Disneyland last week. I went to say Hi and you boarded the train. Hope you had fun!


Alissa

Katie said...

She is still pretty cute even if she is a wild child. Wish I could see her...at least I get to see you TODAY!!

Amber said...

So funny--I love hearing what they are like day to day since I don't get to see them. Her little faces are so adorable. I had to laugh at the pooping story--glad you were able to as well--after all--there's not much else to do right? :-) I think we need to meet up this summer---you heading this way anytime? My 10 year reunion is this summer--but it is lame that my best friend from High school won't be there--so we need to meet up. Let's chat and figure something out.

Cami said...

I love it! Your kids are so cute! Plus, I'm glad to know I'm not the only mama who lets her kids go around half naked :) Sort of off topic - but where did you get those light sabers?

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Cami - I got those wonderful light sabers as a favor at a birthday party. I know that she made them though so I will email her and find out how - it's a swimming noodle put in something metal and then ducktaped.