Justin turned 30! this year. We keep teasing him about being old - Jessie is actually totally grossed out by the idea of him being 30, which i find amusing. I wanted to do something really special this year, but my idea of a big surpise party (1 with family at the family reunion) and one with friends, was kind of tricky to pull off with the uprooting that we were doing.
I did pull of the one with family. Ashley and I went really early one morning and got crab and steak for him as a suprise, we did tell him about it before we cooked it though, as Justin does like to have a say in how his food is cooked.
Then at home the kids and I sent him on a treasure hunt for his presents. My original thought was to do 30 presents - but that's a lot and it didn't happen. Josh LOVED sending his Dad on a treasure hunt. He was sincerely as excited for Justin to open his presents as he ever was for his own. Here they are with the haul. Justin got new golf clubs - which he sent me the link to so I would buy the right ones, so I'm pretty sure he knew about those even though I tried to pull off the, "we just quit our job, we can't afford those, thing" but I did manage to surprise him with a few other small things.
Them my wonderful parents watched our kids overnight and we went to dinner and a movie with friends. Living by family is great!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Justin! Rob turns 30 next month...crazy! I love that Josh got him a fly swatter, so sweet. Wish we could see you guys...
Post a Comment