Coming here with my fresh from L.A. eyes I have noticed a couple of things that are different from my part of California - and they all make me smile
1.) There are Ensigns and Book of Mormons in every waiting room - doctors, oil change place, everywhere.
2.)There is a line to get into D.I. before it opens, and then people run... really just like at Thanksgiving. I happened to be there a couple minutes before it opened the other day and this happened. I thought people were joking, but no - apparently this D.I. is really good and people go every day to buy stuff and resell it.
3.) People smile and talk to my kids everywhere. You think they would get sick of this with so many kids running around, but they don't. No one has told me yet that I am killing the world with over population.
4.) People treat their dogs like dogs. I have not yet seen a dog dressed up, carried instead of being made to walk, or a dog hospital that specializes in herbal treatments, or a vet specifically for a specific breed of dog.
5.) You can buy food storage at pretty much any grocery store, not just dried beans and wheat, but powdered eggs, juice mixes - they have it all. I was so excited when I saw the big aisle in Walmart, I giggled - and started making an inventory in my head - yes I am a food storage nerd.
Utah is great:)
3 comments:
Ha ha, that's hilarious, but true. I'm still getting used to being able to drive somewhere and not have it take forever...at just about any time of day. Glad you're liking it there!
Pretty funny!!
There were signs all over the place today that read
"Friends of Westwood Library Book Sale". I think of you often but chuckled as I drove around today knowing you would have skipped off to the library with a squeal of delight to surf through the latest books on sale.
Hmmm' maybe your next post could be the 10 funny/interesting things about LA. Would love to read it!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment