Anyway - the casts of both productions were great, many had performed on Broadway, and the music was amazing. It was so cool to sit outside and be able to look up at the stars while the show was in progress.
Justin and I got to go to Tarzan last night while my wonderful parents watched our kids. I would consider it one of the best three musicals I've seen. It is tied with Wicked and just behind Les Miserables. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. But I copied some of the pictures off the website. The costumes were amazing. The gorillas looked like gorillas and were swinging from cables all over the theater. I read a review in which they referred to Tarzan as "Peter Pan on steroids" because of the "flying" gorillas.
There is just something amazing and uplifting about seeing a really good show.




3 comments:
it is a good thing you didn't try to take pictures at Tarzan because I got in trouble!!
I so agree! and didn't know you were a musical theater junkie, like me. Another reason to miss you!
Those musicals look amazing. I didn't even know they had a Tarzan musical. I will have to look into that. I loved reading your post about friends. I need to do better about reaching out here. I have met a lot of people and I keep thinking, "I know that I am going to be friends with them" but I just keep thinking I've got plenty of time to put the effort in. I have been making myself go to the playgroup and we have had some people over a few times but I could do better. You should just move here and you could motivate me :-)
Post a Comment