Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet Hour of Solitude

I have again rediscovered how getting up before my kids makes me a much happier person throughout the day. Not sure why I have to keep rediscovering it, it's way too easy to get out of the habit. I don't manage to pull it off everyday - but when I do I always find myself praying and thanking Heavenly Father for this time. I usually either read my scriptures or workout - and give Justin one word answers when he attempts to talk to me. I attempt to do both but my kids are like their Mom and like to get up early, let's be honest sometimes I only get 10 minutes, but every little bit helps.

So here's to alone time! I hope all of you manage to find some on a regular basis.

Coming soon: the boys birthdays!

4 comments:

Michael + Christina said...

I'm so jealous that you are a morning person! If only I was even partially a morning person my life would be so much easier!!! Ha

Grammy Suzzy said...

I didn't used to be a morning person, but I have come to just love my time in the morning! I get up at 3:00 am (sounds crazy,huh!) and exercise, run, say my prayers, and then wake up the troops for work/college/seminary.

Katie said...

Having a bit of that morning alone time now! It's hard but, I know, totally worth it! See you tomorrow!!!

Amber said...

loving reading all of your frequent posts :-) Sam laughs at me everytime I say I am a morning person--as it is so infrequent that I am up early but I think you qualify as a morning person if you enjoy it--not on account of how frequently it happens.