Monday, August 10, 2009

Playing Catch- up Sea World








So I'm really behind on our life. We've had company or been on vacation for two solid months. So over the next couple of days - While Justin's at Scout Camp I plan on catching up a bit. I'll start with Sea World - Toward the end of our adventures because I promised Jessie if she emailed me the pictures off her camera today I'd put them up today. ...

The pictures are slightly out of order and I'm too lazy to try and change them around. But here's how the day went. I found a killer deal for tickets on Craigslist. We take to the counter and.... we'd been scammed. The tickets were legit it just turns out the guy bought tickets, printed out multiple copies, and then sold all of them. Unfortunately one of his other customers had been before us so it was showing that our tickets had already been used. Major Bummer! They gave us 20% off but we still had to buy new tickets, and my sweet brother and sister (or actually it ended up being my Dad had to buy two sets of tickets too) - still feel awful about it. We do have the guy's phone number though so we'll see what we can do with it. .. I just found it yesterday so I'll keep you updated. So we're trying to shake it off and still enjoy our day without being totally frustrated and we decided to start with the Shamoo show. Justin and Adam went to save seats and Jessie and I took Natalie and Josh to the Kiddie rides/ play area thinking that would be a great way to start the day. (I took Natalie with me to Sea World while my sister Amy and Mom watched Anna for me). Natalie LOVES Elmo so we head for the Elmo rockets first. WE get on, Josh totally stoked - Nat looking pretty nervous. Then they made her get off of Jessie's lap. TOTALLY LOST IT. The had to hold the ride while Jessie and Natalie got off. Natalie was kind of hysterical for a little while, but when we got to the Shamoo show she calmed down a little. Although anytime we went back there she would moan, "No ride, No ride". I took her into the Elmo store while Josh went on rides, which made her very happy as you can see. She loved putting Elmo and Zoe in the double stroller. Our day got much better from there. The kids loved everything, the shows were great, Natalie got to see a dancing Elmo, and JEssie and Adam were sweet enough to watch them so Justin and I could go on the roller coaster. Don't think it was worth the hour wait but it was still fun, lots of chatting and observing other people in line time - Disneyland definitely has superior line management. The kids loved the sharks, and apparantly the penguins which is humerous since Josh had been saying all week that he hates birds - think he got that one from my Mom and her annoyance with sea gulls - not sure what he thought when he found out penguins were birds. Then both kids fell asleep in the middle of the dolphin show. I was holding Josh, Justin had Nat - Nat fell asleep sitting up and knocked her head on the railing, still didn't wake up, got them both in their strollers, and they still didn't wake up. All in all it was a fabulous day! Wish we had more pictures.

Oh I forgot to mention one more funny story, I totally had Josh pee in a bottle in the middle of the Shamoo show. He had to pee just as it was starting and I knew he'd miss most of it if we had to go find a bathroom, Justin, ADam and JEssie were not impressed.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love Josh's face at the penguins! And I think you were quite innovative having Josh pee in a bottle!

Amber said...

Looks like so much fun--can't wait to see what else you did during your 2 month vacation- So glad you or Josh didn't have to miss any of the show :-)

Casey and Brynn said...

Boys being able to pee in bottles is so great! Mine do it all the time. Can't believe you got scammed! As for your question, Ty's birthday is in August as well. I say just wait and see how Josh does. Ty has always seemed older then he is, and his doctor said she would send him. So just wait and see when the time gets closer!