Saturday, August 29, 2009

Buzz and Scissors



We fulfilled Josh's dream and for his birthday he got Buzz Light Year AKA "The talking Buzz"And this was his face!


However a couple of days later this was his face. I asked him why he wasn't playing with his new Buzz very often and he replied, "Mommy-O I wanted a talking Buzz Like Andy has in the show that walks and talks all by itself". Understanding dawned and I informed him that the Buzz only walked and talked by himself when Andy was out of the room. Everyone knows your toys can't come to life while you're in there. This seemed to satisfy him somewhat.
Then today I came home from buying supplies for his Joyschool class and he spotted the kid scissors.
And made this face. He cut paper and "tickets" and "surprises" for us all afternoon. I'm pretty sure he would have slept with them if I'd have let him. I was also informed that since he had big scissors his was big and he needed to go to a big school like Uncle Adam. Hope he's not too disappointed when I teach him on Tuesday. Really no need to ever buy kids toys - don't know why I continue to do it. He's much happier putting on his pretend costumes.



Although for his birthday he also got this real costume and it's still a hit:)

3 comments:

Alli E. said...

Love the expressive faces!! And, very good logic on explaining about toys only walking and talking when Andy was out of the room! Makes sense to me! That was a good mom moment!

Marsh Family said...

He is so HILARIOUS! He is the most animated kid I have ever met - hands down!

Kirsten said...

He is so cute and funny. I love the Buzz story...