Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Half Marathon

 Only shot of me where you can't see everything through my sports bra.   So embarrassing, my family is in trouble for not telling me that.
Josh ran races the whole rest of the day....
The half marathon is done!  The day before I spent sick in bed and my running buddy was injured and couldn't run.... (she let me borrow her i-pod though to keep me company which was fabulous!) It was a hard race.  The last three miles I just kept thinking, "don't throw up until it's over... just don't throw up until it's over:)"  But I finished in 2:03, a 9:30 average mile time, which was 60th in my age group.  Officially in the top half of the race which was my goal.

So in comparing this to the marathon, I would say the marathon was more fun for a couple of reasons....
I had someone to run with...and

I had trained so well.

This race I really only had time for a short run during the week and a really long run on Saturdays which definitely made it harder.  But I feel like I'm in really good shape, which was the ultimate goal:)

5 comments:

Amber said...

YAY!! congrats! and I am a little jealous that you beat my time by one minute :) The good news is we are so close that it would be a lot of fun running with each other the next time. You refer to running a marathon...did you run a marathon that I am not aware of??

The Leiters said...

Awesome job! I'm so glad you did so good.

Alli E. said...

Congrats! So did you throw up after? :)

ashlee said...

Nicole! That is awesome! I'm so jealous. It looks so hot there. How did you keep running?

Tasha said...

Wow, amazing. Good for you!