Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Chica!

 My Anna,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately since you have just turned 2!  You are my sunshine girl (except when you're not, we'll talk about that later).  You always have a skip in your walk, or a bounce.  I'm not quite sure how to describe it but I have had several people comment on it to me.  When you're not walking you are dancing or marching.  It's not unusual for you to randomly jump in the air and bust out some crazy moves just for the joy of it.  People smile when they see you.


You are a sweet little mama and love to cook for your babies and everyone else.  You will bring me a pretend meal and when I'm done eating it you'll say, "don't worry I get more"  in your sweet baby voice.
You want to do whatever Josh is doing and are often smart enough to figure out how to do it.  You love to write in your "little books" while he does his homework.  You are NEVER content to just observe.  You always say "I help Mom!"  I have come up with some pretty inventive ways for you to "help" me do things.... like sew:)  But you also don't need to be entertained very much, you are content to "help" me with whatever I am doing.
Your brother is your best friend.  You love babies, and being "Batgirl"- said in a super scary voice.

Lately you have discovered princesses, we did figure out how to make the"princess shoes" that you got for your birthday stop singing.  And boy can you run fast in those heels.  You played a full blown soccer game in princess heels the other night. It's impressive.  A man asked you today if you would share your shoes with him and you gave him a completely appalled look and yelled , "NO!!!"



I love love love this picture of you and Josh, which Dad will be mad at me for posting because he hasn't edited it yet.  This is how you make everyone around you feel.  

Except when you throw your occasional stubborn tantrum, which you have only recently begun doing.

Today you are sick.  You brought me your blankie and a book and said, "cuddle Mom".  I melted.  

I love you sweet girl.  I savor every day that I get to spend as your Mom.  Don't grow up too fast. 

2 comments:

Katie said...

So, so sweet! That last picture is priceless.

Jessica McArthur said...

oh my gosh. i love them so much. that picture is the background on my phone. according to mom... "anna is the sunshine of our lives."